The Harris County Democratic Party is looking for hardworking, passionate, future organizers to join our 10-week Leadership Academy. 2020 is a critical year and we are working to knock on every door, call every voter, and making sure every voter gets a chance to make their voice heard!
This program provides a unique learning opportunity for volunteer leaders to gain hands-on exposure to grassroots organizing, strengthen your understanding of the political process, and help us elect the next Democratic President. Participants will have the chance to assist at HCDP functions; participate and organize grassroots efforts, such as phone banks, block walks, trainings, and voter registration.
- Participate in phone banks and block walks to identify Democratic supporters
- Support the Elections Department with Democratic Election Judge recruitment
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers to build our volunteer capacity
- Assist in organizing voter registration drives
- Assist with special projects and tasks in other areas as needed
- An interest in politics and identify as a Democrat or Progressive
- Quick to learn and keen attention to detail
- Commitment to maintaining office standards of confidentiality and discretion
- Basic technological proficiency (Microsoft Excel, Google Spreadsheet, etc)
- Aptitude for creative thinking and output
- Flexible schedule and be available at least 15 - 20 hours a week, including weekends
How to Apply:
Applications are now being accepted for the 2020 Summer Leadership Academy. To be considered, please apply here. Upon completion of the program, volunteer leaders will be provided with a certificate of completion and a letter of recommendation for future endeavors. If you have any questions, please email Jael at Jael@harrisdemocrats.com.
- Deadline: May 6, 2020
- Orientation: May 30, 2020
- First Day: June 1, 2020
- Last Day: August 12, 2020