2019 Fall Leadership Academy
The Harris County Democratic Party is looking for hardworking, passionate, future organizers to join our 10-week Volunteer Leadership Academy. This program provides a unique learning opportunity for volunteer leaders to gain hands-on exposure to county party politics, strengthen your understanding of the political process, and prepare you to organize for the 2020 Election. Participants will have the chance to assist at HCDP functions; participate and organize grassroots efforts, such as phone banks, block walks, trainings, and voter registration.
- • Participate in phone banks and block walks to identify Democratic supporters
- • Recruit, train, and manage volunteers to build our volunteer capacity
- • Assist with coordination of the HCDP 2020 Roadshow
- • Assist Candidate Coordinator researching and maintaining event calendar
- • Assist with event planning and special projects
- • Help with tasks in other areas as needed
- • An interest in politics and identify as a Democrat or Progressive
- • Quick to learn and keen attention to detail
- • Commitment to maintaining office standards of confidentiality and discretion
- • Basic technological proficiency (Microsoft Excel, Google Spreadsheet, etc)
- • Aptitude for creative thinking and output
- • Flexible schedule and be available at least 15 - 20 hours a week, including weekends
How to Apply:
Applications are now being accepted for the 2019 Fall Leadership Academy. To be considered, please apply at bit.ly/HCDPAcademy. If you have any questions, please email Jael Casiano at Jael@HarrisDemocrats.Com.