Northwest Field Organizer
The Harris County Democratic Party, working with trusted partners AFL-CIO and Latino Democratic PAC, is hiring a field organizer to work in Northwest Harris County through the 2020 election. Organizers will act as the face of the Party and will recruit and train volunteers, run phone and text banks, host organizing meetings, enter data, lead canvasses, register voters and build relationships with community leaders. This position reports to the Field Manager.
● Ideal candidates will have experience volunteering or working on a political campaign
● Candidate must have a desire to learn and a willingness to receive feedback
● Candidates must be self-motivated and willing to work long hours (including nights and weekends) when necessary
● Candidate must believe in the power of grassroots organizing to building and maintain lasting infrastructure in Harris County
● Candidates must have strong communication skills and a willingness to work with diverse communities and leaders
● Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
● Candidates must understand data driven organizing, and be able to develop plans for reaching weekly and monthly goals
● Recruiting & training volunteers to register voters, phone bank, text, and canvass voters
● Organizing volunteer team to attend community events like festivals, parades to register voters and collect Commit to Vote cards
● Becoming a super user of essential productivity tools ( e.g., G Suite, Slack, Trello) and voter contact (VAN) technologies and patiently teaching volunteers to use them to
● Daily and weekly reporting to track progress toward monthly goals
Salary for this position is $3,200/month and negotiable based on experience. More
details will be available upon request.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to Sam@HarrisDemocrats.com.