The Harris County Democratic Party is hiring a Candidate Coordinator for the 2020 election cycle. The Candidate Coordinator works with the candidates participating in the coordinated campaign; maintains calendar, relationships, and candidate teams for the entire 2019-2020 campaign cycle; and works with Field and Executive Director to make sure we are maximizing efforts throughout Harris County. The position will end November 16, 2020.
Like every member of the Harris County Democratic Party team, you will be both a manager and a worker. While your most important responsibility will be working with candidates, you will also be expected to routinely do the same work that we ask organizers and volunteers to do.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Highly organized and capable of managing experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously.
- Have staff management experience (though not necessarily on a political campaign!)
- Experience volunteering or working on a political campaign
- Desire to learn and a willingness to receive feedback
- Self-motivated and willing to work long hours (including nights and weekends) when necessary
- Believe in volunteer leadership, as volunteers will be at the center of everything we will do this cycle
- Ability to communicate with diverse communities and leaders
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Be the main point of contact between HCDP and candidates participating in the Coordinated Campaign.
- Identify and maintain a calendar of events for candidates to attend, both inside and out of the Party structure.
- Manage special events for the coordinated campaign.
- Stay in constant communication, through emails, texts, and phone calls, with candidates and making strategic plans with them to attend events around the county.
- Keep the candidates motivated and engaged, including helping to run blockwalks, and phonebanks.
- Work with Field Manager, Executive Director and Party Chair on all the things above.
Salary for this position is $3,000/month. More details will be available upon request.
Please send a resume and to email@example.com