2019 SPRING LEADERSHIP ACADEMY OVERVIEW
This unpaid 10-week Leadership Academy provides a unique opportunity for hardworking, passionate, future leaders to gain hands-on exposure to county party politics, strengthen their understanding of the political process, and prepare for political opportunities. In addition to typical duties, applicants will have the chance to assist at HCDP functions; participate in grassroots efforts, such as Phone banks, Precinct Chair Trainings and Voter Registration Drives.
Chosen applicants will learn organizational management systems and event planning practices. They will learn how to effectively manage data, in addition to cultivating volunteers. Chose applicants will also:
- Assist with event planning (i.e. Research potential venues, guest speakers, etc.; on-site execution including set up/break down of event)
- Learn how to maintain databases, lists, and event calendar using NGP VAN (i.e. volunteer list, election judge list)
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers to build our volunteer capacity
- Assist with planning and coordination of training sessions and meetings for volunteers, activists and potential candidates
- Assist in coordinating voter registration drives and phone banks
- Help with tasks in other areas as needed
- An interest in politics and identify as a Democrat or Progressive
- Quick to learn & keen attention to detail
- Basic technological proficiency (Microsoft Excel, Google Spreadsheet, etc)
- Aptitude for creative thinking and output
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to maintaining office standards of confidentiality and discretion
- Flexible schedule & ability to work at least 15 - 20 hours a week Mon-Fri (possibly weekends), in the HCDP HQ office at 4619 Lyons Ave, Houston TX 77020
HOW TO APPLY:
The Harris County Democratic Party is now accepting applications for the 2019 Spring Leadership Academy. All applicants are required to submit the following:
- Current copy of your resume
Please apply by Friday, February 1, 2019 to be considered by clicking the link below. For any questions, please contact Jael Casiano at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (713) 802-0085. Upon completion of the program, you will be provided with a letter of recommendation for future endeavors. ORIENTATION: Monday, February 11, 2019.
The Harris County Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Women and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.